Automation Rules Training - Introduction
Automation Rules provide powerful 4me functionality to automate workflow steps within your processes. With automation rules you can inform the requester on the progress of his request, you can cancel tasks and add or remove approvers based on a selection the requester has made, you can modify the status of an asset and link or unlink the asset to or from a user, and so much more… Automation rules allow you to automate most of the manual steps in your process and reduce the administration to a minimum so the specialists can really focus on what really matters.
To define automation rules, you will need to write some ‘high level code’ and have a basic understanding of the data structure of the 4me records. While at first sight Automation Rules may seem complex, you will find these techniques straightforward once you have understood the basic concepts. In this workshop, you will start with some very basic Automatic Rules and step-by-step build up to some more complex examples.
This training module is intended for people who will manage workflows in 4me. Upon completion of this training module, you will know:
- The basic components of an automation rule.
- How to test an automation rule.
- How to retrieve information of a request and make this information available in a task.
- How to retrieve information defined in a UI extension of a request and make this information available in an UI extension on a task.
- How to send a notification to the requester.
- How to schedule the execution of a task to start on a date in the future.
- How to cancel a task based on a condition.
- Understand the difference between a Task Template Automation Rule and a Change Template Automation Rule’.
- How to replace the approver on an approval task with another approver.
- How you can escalate an approval task to a new approver, when the first approver does not approve the task within a predefined time limit.
- How you can schedule (‘delay’) the execution of an automation rule in the future.
- How to add an extra approver to an approval task.
- How to reassign a task to a team based on conditions.
- How to define an ‘if … then … else’ statement in an automation rule.
- How to check if a Configuration Item was linked to a task.
- How to reopen and reassign a completed task based on a condition.
- How to update the status and the location of a Configuration Item and link the Configuration Item to a user.
- How to unlink a user from a Configuration Item.
- How to import and export automation rules.
Approximate duration: 4 hours
It is important to note that this training module assumes that you have already completed the 4me Specialist Training.